Is Our World Entering A New Era Of Super Natural Disasters and Man Made Disorder?
The short answer is ... YES!
- Consider the facts about natural disasters –
- There is no doubt our global climate is changing. This change is and will continue to cause significant impacts to our safety and well being.
- The Super Disasters are increasing in scale, scope, geographical impact and cost.
Super disasters kill people and costs billions!!
- And man-made disasters are becoming a more widespread threat due to
- The potential for uncontrolled hazardous material releases.
- The availability of military grade weapons.
- The spread and availability of technology.
- Available technology and problematic governments that may render access to WMD to desperate militaries or terrorists ... and terrorists have NO barriers to their use.
- Increasingly violent cultural, ethnic, religious and tribal clashes that spread even further and threaten the stability of entire regions of the globe with unpredictable consequences.
- Biological events, both manmade and natural are a more significant threat today for widespread impacts due to huge global travel patterns and the growth of dense urban areas.
- Increasing populations and decreasing resources, e.g. food and clean water, triggering increased civil strife, instability and future war.